By Anthony Aldwell | Saint Patrick’s Episcopal Church
At Christmas, we remember and pray for travelers and those who are displaced from their homes, as we remember the Holy family who traveled and became refugees.
In this spirit, Saint Patrick’s Episcopal Church, 225 South Pagosa Blvd. (just south of the hospital), warmly welcomes all Pagosa community members and visitors to celebrate Christmas at any and all of the following services:
• Saturday, Dec. 24, at 5 p.m., Christmas eve: Join in as our children share with us the message of the angels as we gather for a nativity play and worship for all ages. Our worship will end with Eucharist and song offered by candlelight.
If a child or teen in your household would like to participate in the nativity play, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Roles are available for all who may want to participate, even at the last minute. Feel free to wear your own costume or to choose one when you arrive at St. Patrick’s.
• Saturday, Dec. 24, at 7:30 p.m., Christmas eve: At 7:30 p.m., we will enjoy instrumental Christmas hymns. A liturgy of Holy Eucharist, with song by candlelight, begins at 8 p.m.
• Sunday, Dec. 25, at 10 a.m., Christmas day: We’ll rejoice together in prayer and song on Christmas morning.
• Sunday, Jan.1, 2023, at 10 a.m., New Year’s Day: Celebrate the new year at a music-filled Eucharist service.
• Thursday, Jan. 5, 2023, at 5:30 p.m.: A Twelfth Night Celebration, Epiphany Prayers and dinner. Celebrate the end of the Christmas season with us as we remember the journey of the Magi, and consider our own dreams and callings. After a short gathering for prayer and song, we’ll gather for a potluck supper in the adjoining Parish Hall.
As an active participant in the Pagosa Springs community, St. Patrick’s aspires to serve as a refuge and place of rest for members of our community of every age, as well as for those who may be traveling through or visiting Pagosa. Our door is open to all as we celebrate this enduring Christmas message.