By Jennifer Green
Visit Pagosa Springs
Join us Dec. 18, 5:30-8:30 p.m., for the inaugural Old Fashioned Christmas Celebration in downtown Pagosa Springs.
Along the route, there will be various Christmas-themed displays and activities, acoustic musicians, choirs, free hot chocolate and cider, toys and other goodies, and, of course, Santa Claus.
The route is approximately 1 mile long and will be lit with luminaries. Participants will be provided with glow sticks. Entry points to the walking route include Town Park, the Scenic Overlook, Visitor Center and the Geothermal greenhouse Partnership site at Centennial Park. This event is free and open to the public.
Segments have been adopted by the following groups, organizations and businesses:
• Knights of Columbus (annual nativity scene).
• Chimney Rock Interpretive Association.
• GOAL High School.
• Restorative Solutions and Soul Medicinals.
• Girl Scout Troop No. 26237.
• Pagosa Springs Youth Soccer.
• Geothermal Greenhouse Partnership.
• The Springs Resort and Spa.
• St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church.
• Buckaroo’s Horse Drawn Rides.
• United Way of Southwest Colorado.
• Humane Society Animal Shelter.
• Chamber of Commerce.
• San Juan Outdoor Club.
• Rotary Club of Pagosa Springs.
• Centerpoint Church.
• Willow and Reed Design Co.
This event is a collaboration of the Town of Pagosa Springs and The Pagosa Springs SUN.
Please join us for a fun and festive evening for our community.