Landfill fire believed to have been caused by heat and spontaneous combustion

8
Photo courtesy Archuleta County Office of Emergency Management
Fire personnel respond to a reported 2.5-acre fire at the Archuleta County landfill on the evening of Aug. 26. The fire is believed to have been caused by heat and spontaneous combustion of trash at the landfill. The landfill is currently closed until further notice.

A fire that occurred at the Archuleta County landfill is believed to have been caused by heat and spontaneous combustion.

The full version of this story is available in the print edition and e-edition of the Pagosa Springs SUN. Subscribe today by calling (970)264-2100 or click here.