By Sally Neel
Special to The PREVIEW
The congregation of St. Patrick’s Episcopal Church is partnering with the Archuleta County Victim Assistance Program (ACVAP) to provide a Shamrock Festival that’s fun for the whole family on Aug. 13 from 4 to 8 p.m.
Tickets are only $20 (includes dinner and two drinks — nonalcoholic drinks as well as wine and beer will be available) and $5 for children 12 and under.
With music provided by the San Juan Mountain Boys, there will be opportunities to put on the dancing shoes and celebrate great music, a fabulous barbecue dinner, a bounce house for the kids, along with a fabulous silent auction with so many choices you will have a hard time deciding how to bid.
All the proceeds from ticket sales and the silent auction will go to ACVAP. Among the incredible auction items are:
• Two tickets to Pat and Linda Parelli’s 20th anniversary Savvy Summit (a $600 value). For horse lovers, this is a fabulous three-day weekend with the horse whisperers themselves.
• Hot air balloon tickets. Perhaps you have gazed into the clear morning skies in Pagosa Springs at the beautiful hot air balloons and wondered what it would be like to actually float high above this beautiful landscape. You can bid on two tickets to do just that.
• A weekend getaway. Looking for a chance to have a weekend getaway? A night at the famous Straighter Hotel in Durango and two tickets for a Bar-D Chuck Wagon dinner might be just the ticket to kick back and relax.
• A gift certificate. If fly-fishing is your idea of excellent relaxation, you won’t find many places more beautiful than right here in Pagosa Springs to cast a line. At the silent auction, you can bid on a $150 gift certificate from Let it Fly to build up your supplies.
• A beautiful marble cutting board and cheese accessories from Goodman’s that would make a lovely addition to your entertainment table or a wonderful gift for your favorite newlywed.
These and many more fabulous items will be available for bidding at the Shamrock Festival’s silent auction. Come and enjoy the fun and support the outstanding work done by ACVAP.