Early ownership of the hot springs June 16, 2016 0 FacebookTwitterPinterestWhatsAppLinkedinReddItEmailPrintTumblr Photo courtesy John M. MotterShown is the first public bathhouse erected at the Pagosa Hot Springs by Thomas Blair in 1881. At the time, the Pagosa Hot Springs were still the property of the U.S. government. The one-room building accommodated either men or women, but not both at the same time. We continue with a sketch we started some weeks ago describing the early history of the main Pagosa Hot Spring. The full version of this story is available in the print edition and e-edition of the Pagosa Springs SUN. Subscribe today by calling (970)264-2100 or click here.