Oktoberfest will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 24, at The View Restaurant.
The event will be fun for the whole family. Join us for dancing and singing with the Paukenschlagel Band.
German food, as well as beer, wine and nonalcoholic beverages, will be available at the cash bar.
Advance tickets are $12 for adults and $5 for children 5 to 12 years; at the door they will be $15 for adults and $7 for children 5 to 12 years. Advance tickets can be purchased at the Senior Center.
For more information, call 264-2167.
Falls-prevention program to begin Oct. 21
The Pagosa Springs Senior Center is pleased to announce our first Matter of Balance program.
A Matter of Balance is an award-winning falls-prevention program designed to reduce the fear of falling and increase the activity levels of older adults who have concerns about falls.
The classes help participants to:
• View falls and the fear of falling as controllable.
• Set realistic goals for increasing activity.
• Change their environments to reduce risk factors for falling.
• Promote exercise to increase strength and balance.
You can benefit from the classes if you:
• Are concerned about falls.
• Have sustained a fall in the past.
• Restrict activities because of concerns about falling.
The full version of this story is available in the print edition and e-edition of the Pagosa Springs SUN. Subscribe today by calling (970)264-2100 or click here.