School officially starts Tuesday, Sept. 8, for Archuleta School District.
As your family prepares for the rapidly approaching academic year, listed below is the essential information you need to sail smoothly into the first week of school.
Open house schedule
Parents and students are strongly encouraged to attend the appropriate open house in order to prepare for the upcoming school year.
Each open house will give students and parents an opportunity to meet teachers, find and sign up for their bus route, set up parent online accounts, connect with volunteer opportunities and receive locker combinations.
The schedule for the remaining open houses is as follows:
• Grades 1-4: Thursday, Sept. 3, 4:30-6:30 p.m.
• Grade 5: Thursday, Sept. 3, 6-8 p.m.
• Grades 9-12: Thursday Sept. 10, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
School start times
• Elementary school: Monday-Thursday 7:55 a.m. to 3:25 p.m.; Friday 7:55 a.m. to 1:25 p.m.
• Middle school: Monday-Thursday 8:10 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.; Friday 8:10 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.
• High school: Monday-Thursday 8:10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.; Friday 8:10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The full version of this story is available in the print edition and e-edition of the Pagosa Springs SUN. Subscribe today by calling (970)264-2100 or click here.