By Muriel Eason
Special to The SUN
The public is invited to the next meeting of the Pagosa Springs Community Development Corporation, at the PLPOA Vista Conference Room, 230 Port Ave. at 5.30 p.m. Monday, Sept. 9.
Guest presenters will be Michael Arbuthnot of the Airport Advisory Commission and Kate Alfred, Archuleta County Airport manager. They will present the results of the recent Airport Economic Impact Study.
Among the questions to be considered:
• How much economic value does the airport bring to the community in home purchases, taxes paid, hangars, fuel purchases, aircraft parking fees, auto rentals, hotels, etc.?
• How can Pagosa Springs and Archuleta County capitalize on the retiring Baby Boomer generation and resulting demographic shifts?
• How many aircraft land at Stevens Field?
• Why is the Fixed Base Operator important?
• How much is invested in Stevens Field?
• What is planned for future growth and development at the airport? How is new investment financed?
• What is the return on Archuleta County’s investment in the airport?
• How does having the airport and needed services benefit the area when there are forest fires nearby like the Little Sand fire last year and the West Fork Complex this year?
Audience members are encouraged to ask questions during the session.