By Sally Neel | Ruby M. Sisson Memorial Library Foundation and Friends
Tickets for The Library Affair are selling quickly and you do not want to miss out on the gala event of the year.
The Library Affair, a gala event to raise needed funds to expand the Ruby Sisson Memorial Library’s facility, is scheduled for Saturday, April 15, at the Pagosa Springs Center for the Arts.
The doors will open at 6 p.m. So, put on your ruby slippers, bring some extra cash for drinks and chance tickets, and plan to join the fun. Tickets are $50 each and can be purchased online at www.pagosalibrary.org or in person at the library (cash or check only).
This year’s planning committee has been putting in many hours to assure that this event will be a huge success. Twenty beautiful tables, decorated by our celebrity decorators with a special book theme in mind, will be the focus of a silent auction, chance drawings (tickets are $10 each or 15 tickets for $100)and live auctions.
These amazing tables include:
• “50 Shades of Grey,” (E.L. James) decorated by Robin Brobst, Terri Frahm and Jenny Highum.
• “Beekeeper of Aleppo” (Christy Lefteri) by Blue Lindner.
• “The Body Book” (Cameron Diaz) by the library staff.
• “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” (Roald Dahl) by Katie Cloudman, Rebecca Battles and Sherry Spears.
• “Death on the Nile”(Agatha Christie) by Cynthia Mitchell.
• “The Great Gatsby” (F. Scott Fitzgerald) by Gina Boaz.
• “Mom Secrets” (Catherine Belknap and Natalie Telfer) by Jann Pitcher.
• “In a Blue Room” (Jim Averbeck) by Cindi Galabota, Jill Porterfield and Carol Sheets.
• “The Joy of Art” (Carolyn Schlam) by Kirsten LeRoux, Sherry Phillips, Joni Rose, Evelyn Tennyson and Vickie Thompson.
• “Ollie’s Ski Trip” (Elsa Beskow) by Breanna Pitcher and Rosanne Pitcher.
• “Pagosa Springs” (Kristen Bowen) by Annie and Toni DeMille.
• “The Quiltmaker’s Gift” (Jeff Brumbeau) by Joanne Irons and Lynne McCrudden.
• “Second Hand Rose” (Lin Stepp) by Kim Moore and The Library Affair planning committee.
• “The Secret Garden” (Frances Hodgson Burnett) by Chelsea Hildebran and McKenna Keys.
• “Stories of The Blanco Basin Road: Road to a Thin Place” (James R. White) by Mary Helen Cammack.
• “Swan Lake” (Lisbeth Zwerger and Pyotr Tchaikovsky) by Kirsten LeRoux, Evelyn Tennyson and Vickie Thompson.
• “Wabi Sabi” (Nobuo Suzuki) by Charla Ellis, Gail Hershey, Kathy Keys, Mary Kurt-Mason, Paula Miller and Lavonne Wilson.
• “Where Crawdads Sing” (Delia Owens) by Jean Brittingham and Kim Moore.
• “Wilderness Warrior” (Theodore Roosevelt and The Crusade for America) by Marianne DeVooght and Lisa Scott.
• “The John Wayne Code” (Michael Turback) by Cristi Dozier and Terri Grosh.
You can get a glimpse of these impressive creations, learn more about their stories and vote for your favorites for only $2 per vote by going to the library website, www.pagosalibrary.org. Support your favorite decorators or your favorite tables. The five tables with the highest number of votes will go into a live auction at the event. The table with the highest number votes will receive the coveted Pagosa Pulitzer Prize.
You may be the proud owner of one of these beautiful creations by attending The Library Affair and having the highest bid on your favorite table. Support our wonderful library and plan on a grand evening of fun, entertainment by guitarist Steve Blechschmidt, great food by the Pagosa Springs High School culinary class led by Chef Todd Stevens, and libations.
Go online or visit our beautiful library today to purchase your ticket to The Library Affair.