By Jen Pitcher | FACE
The Foundation for Archuleta County Education (FACE) is a nonprofit organization that supports programs to enhance academic opportunities for students K–12 in Archuleta County. Groups or individuals who have innovative or established educational programs are encouraged to submit proposals to the FACE board of directors for consideration. FACE has a long-standing history in annually providing teacher grants.
This year, seven of 10 FACE grant applicants were awarded a total of $5,000 in grants funded by FACE to support their teaching endeavors. FACE would like to congratulate the 2022 recipients:
• Andy Guinn and Scott White — San Juan Mountain School.
• Julie Ogier — Pagosa Springs Middle School.
• Kathleen Martinez — Pagosa Valor Academy.
• Katrina Thomas and Malinda Burnett — Pagosa Family School/Pagosa Springs Middle School.
• Mat Wolford — Pagosa Springs Middle School.
• Michele Zeigler and Rachael Christiansen — Pagosa Springs Elementary School.
• Susan Berke-Hand — Pagosa Peak Open School.
FACE is excited to implement a fresh new grant opportunity in 2023; keep an eye out.
As we close out 2022, FACE is looking to replenish funds for 2023. Not only does FACE offer the fall grants for teachers, but they also provide and fund the STEAM educational camp days through the Town of Pagosa Springs’ summer K.I.D.S. day camp.
If you are interested in more information on FACE or donating to the cause, you can visit the website at facepagosa.com, email at firstname.lastname@example.org or pop a check in the mail to: FACE, P.O. Box 2051, Pagosa Springs, CO 81147.