By Betty Slade
Special to The PREVIEW
The Southwest Christian Writers Association 33rd annual Write for His Glory Conference — Dyna-Write: The Power of Explosive Writing — will be held Sept. 21-22 at the Hesperus Baptist Conference Center, Hesperus Colo.
The conference will take place 1-9:30 p.m. on Sept. 21 and 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. on Sept. 22.
W. Terry Whalin with Morgan James Publishing will be the keynote speaker.
Keynote topics include:
• Success Leaves Traces: Learn Eight Characteristics of Successful Writers.
• Jumpstart Your Publishing Dreams.
• Become a Prolific Writer and Write Less.
• The Unknown Road Ahead.
Local speakers and writers include:
• Patrick C. Poole — Script Writing: The Power of Show Don’t Tell.
• Jean Campion — Too Good To Be True: Using Family Memories to Create the “True Life” Novel.
• Connie L. Peters — Putting Poetic Punch into Your Prose.
Registration fee is $100. Overnight lodging $45, and three meals $18.
Housing at the Hesperus Baptist Encampment is limited.
See SCWA Website for additional information, cost and directions, www.southwestchristianwriters.org
For moreconference information call Connie Peters, (970) 564-9449, or Joe Bowden, (970) 749-0796.