March Madness is over, but April Madness is coming to town.
The annual Dirk and Colt Ross Memorial Basketball Tournament is scheduled for April 12-14. All proceeds go to scholarships for high school graduates.
This year, there will be 36 teams playing in three divisions: open, 6-feet and under, and 35 and over. Five of the teams will be local, the other 31 from out of town.
There will be lots of great talent: high school players, ex-college players and current college players. Door prizes will be awarded throughout the event.
Admission is $3 for adults, $2 for students, kids under 8 are admitted free — all days, all gyms.
• Thursday, April 12 — games will be played in junior high gyms only, 6-9 p.m.
• Friday, April 13 — games played at the high school and junior high gyms. Game times 2-10 p.m.
• Saturday, April 14 — games played at the high school and junior high gyms. Game times: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. The high school gym will be closed following the 4:30 p.m. game.
Break time only at the junior high gyms, for the following:
• Dirk and Colt Ross memorial presentation.
• Paper airplane throws — kids and adults.
• Three-point shootout.
• Slam dunk contest.
The tournament finals will be held Saturday evening: 35 and over championship at 8 p.m.; open division championship at 9; 6-feet and under division championship at 10.