Town Park, the river walk, Centennial Park and the Visitor Center lawn will be the venues for the Rocky Mountain Plein Air Painters 10th Annual Quick Draw event — part of the organization’s annual show, held this year in Pagosa Springs.
As with a formal auction, buyers must register and receive a unique number. You may register any time at Wild Spirit Gallery, or during the event itself in Town Park at the Plein Air tent. Registration will end at 12:50 p.m. on Saturday, Aug, 6. Please join us.
RMPAP’s 10th Annual Quick Draw offers art enthusiasts a rare chance to get an in-depth look into the plein-air painting process by watching our participating artists create new paintings, start-to-finish, in two hours. It also offers a unique opportunity to take home a memento of the event through the purchase of these brand new works “hot off the easel.”
How the sale works
To be eligible to participate in the sale and purchase Quick Draw works, you must complete a buyer registration form.
Each registered buyer will be issued a unique buyer number. The buyer will be provided with small buyer tags imprinted with this unique buyer number.
On Saturday, Aug. 6, participating artists will create new works for the show at the Quick Draw, working in Town Park, at the Visitor Center and along the River Walk as far west as Centennial Park. Painting time officially begins at 9:30 a.m. and artists must stop working at 11:30.
Commencing at noon, Quick Draw artworks offered through this sale will be displayed at Wild Spirit Gallery. To purchase one of these works, the buyer must deposit one buyer tag into the small labeled box (the “bid box”) adjacent to the work. This signifies the buyer’s intent to purchase that work.
At 1 p.m. the Quick Draw sale will close. Works that have collected no Buyer tags will be withdrawn from the sale at this time. Works which have only one buyer tag will immediately be sold to that buyer at the stated price. Works which have collected two or more different buyer tags will be sold by lottery-style blind draw, with the first buyer tag drawn winning the work.
A 5-percent donation of all gross proceeds (before sales taxes) from this sale will be donated by Wild Spirit Gallery to the Fine Arts Magnet Academy, a program run through the Pagosa High School and open to all students in Archuleta County. It is an “honors pathway” designed to offer arts-focused students expanded opportunities for deeper learning and involvement in the arts field of their choice. Pathways include visual arts, music, theater and TV/video production.
Terms and conditions of sale
1. You must be over 18 years of age to register for the Quick Draw sale.
2. You must be present during the sale to participate.
3. Placement of one of your buyer tags into a “bid box” constitutes your declaration of intent to purchase the artwork accompanying that box at the labeled price and obliges you to purchase it if you are the sole interested Buyer or if you win the draw.
4. Once placed, your buyer tag may not be withdrawn from a bid box.
5. Payment to Wild Spirit Gallery for works you have won must be made immediately after the close of the sale.
6. Artworks offered through this sale will be sold “as-is”. Because this is a “wet painting” sale, the Buyer is solely responsible for the safe transport and integrity of the work post-purchase.
7. All sales are final.