The Archuleta County Fair Horse Show will be held Friday, Aug. 5, at 9 a.m. at the rodeo arena.
Registration for this event will be held from 7:30–8: a.m. the morning of the event for those who were unable to pre-register.
Events included in this year’s show will be Showmanship, Horsemanship, Western Pleasure, Western Riding, Western Reining, Freestyle, Trail and Ranch Horse Trail. With 4-H divisions such as Junior, Intermediate and Senior and Open Class, there is a spot for everyone.
Entries this year can compete in the following areas:
• Open Class Showmanship.
• 4-H Showmanship (Intermediate).
• 4-H Showmanship (Junior).
• Open Class Horsemanship.
• 4-H Horsemanship (Intermediate).
• 4-H Horsemanship (Junior).
• Open Class Junior Western Horse Pleasure.
• Open Class Senior Western Horse Pleasure.
• 4-H Western Riding (Intermediate).
• 4-H Western Riding (Junior).
• Open Class Western Reining.
• 4-H Western Reining (Intermediate).
• 4-H Western Reining (Junior).
• Open Class Freestyle.
• Open Class Trail.
• 4-H Trail (Intermediate).
• 4-H Trail (Junior).
• Open Class Ranch Horse Trail.
We are looking forward to seeing all the expertise and skill that many of our county’s young horsemen and women have to offer at this year’s fair. Come out and enjoy a morning of sun and fun in beautiful Pagosa Country.
Anyone in the community who is willing to help make this event even bigger and better this year is encouraged to contact the Archuleta County Fair Board at 264-2388 and to volunteer.