A special Shabbaton at Congregation har Shalom will take place in Durango April 22-24.
Rabbi Shefa Gold —nationally acclaimed rabbi, well-loved teacher and chant-leader — will conduct the Shabbaton.
Congregation Har Shalom will hostRabbi Gold for the three-day long workshop on the Song of Songs (traditionally studied during the week of Pesach), as well as Kabbalat Shabbat and Shabbat morning Torah services — an opportunity not to be missed.
Friday evening (7 p.m.) and Saturday morning (10 a.m. and evening) services are free to all (donations appreciated). The workshop runs Friday 3 p.m. to Sunday 2 p.m. Cost is $85 for members, $160 for nonmembers.
In this workshop, Shefa will provide a springboard for participants to relate personally and deeply to the text of the Song of Songs using music, meditation, study, sharing, writing, and worship. Come prepared to experience Torah as you may never have before.
Friday, April 22:
• 3 p.m. — Workshop registration, orientation and light meal for workshop participants.
• 7 p.m. — Kabbalat Shabbat services, open to the public (donations will be gratefully accepted).
Saturday, April :
• 10 a.m. — Kabbalat Shabbat services open to the public. Workshop will continue through the day, with both lunch and dinner served
• 7 p.m. — Shefa is offering a special Evening of Chant that will be open to all; suggested donation $18.
Sunday, April 24:
• 9 a.m.-2 p.m. workshop with breakfast and lunch served.
For registration/information, contact Susan at (970) 779-0979 or firstname.lastname@example.org.