The Ross Aragon Community Center provides a variety of free programs to the residents and visitors in Pagosa Country.
• “Paths of the Heart” discussion group. If you are interested in the group,call Paul Roberts, 731-3117
• Computer Word Classes. April 29, 10 a.m.-noon. Contact Becky Herman if you are interested in the class, 264-2171.
• Beginning Computer Class. Becky Herman will start a new Beginning Computer class in May. If you are interested in the class, call Becky to get your name on the list. The classes are small, so please get your call in ASAP, 264-2171
• Israeli Dance Class. Join Kim Hartfiel on May 5, 12, 19 and 26, 7-9 p.m. No experience necessary. Ages 13 and up recommended. Bring water to drink. You can contact Kim at 946-7285 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Preschool play group. During spring and summer, you can take advantage of the gym during open play.
• Cancer support group. If you are interested in the group, call Howard Gross, 264-5100.
• Duplicate Bridge. Tuesdays 5:30-10 p.m. Call regarding Friday sessions. Call Stan at 731-2217 or e-mail email@example.com to check if games are going to be held.
• Pagosa Bridge. Mondays and Fridays, 12:30-4 p.m. For more information, contact the Community Center, 264-4152. Call regarding Friday play.
• Hoopsters. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8-9 a.m. Join the fellas if you can. For more information, call Larry at 731-3984 or 264-1024.
• Morning yoga. Tuesdays, 10-11:30 a.m. Bring a mat or towel. Refresh, relax and rejuvenate.
Thursday, April 29 — Hoopsters, 8-9 a.m.; Archuleta County Schools, 2:45-3:45 p.m.; Alateen, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Friday, April 30 — Archuleta County Schools, 10:30-11:30 a.m.; Pagosa Bridge, 12:30-4 p.m.; Duplicate Bridge, 12:30-4 p.m.
Saturday, May 1 — SW Light and Learning, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Sunday, May 2 — Grace Evangelical Free Church, 8:45 a.m.-noon; Church of Christ, 10 a.m.-noon.
Monday, May 3 — Pagosa Bridge, 12:30-4 p.m.
Tuesday, May 4 — Hoopsters, 8-9 a.m.; yoga, 10-11:30 a.m.; Archuleta County Schools, 2:45-3:45 p.m.
Wednesday, May 5 — Archuleta County Schools, 2:30-3:30 p.m.; Weight Watchers, 4:30-5:30 p.m.; Bible Clubhouse, 6-8 p.m.; folk dance class, 7-9 p.m.; First Assembly of God, 7-9 p.m.
Thursday, May 6 — Hoopsters, 8-9 a.m.; Archuleta County Schools, 2:45-3:45 p.m.; Alateen, 6:30-7:30 p.m.; SJOC, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
The Ross Aragon Community Center’s Celebrate America Program will be held on July 1. This is a free program we put on every year for the community.
If you have a special talent and would like to share in the spirit that is America, call Michelle at 264-4152.
The Ross Aragon Community Center has the space you are looking for. We have reasonably-priced rooms to meet your event needs. Our rates range from $6 to $72 per hour. Room sizes for 20, 40, 50, 90 or 500 people.
The community center hours are Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m-3 p.m.
The center is located at 451 Hot Springs Blvd. Phone 264-4152.