The Ross Aragon Community Center will hold the annual Halloween celebration from 3 to 5 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31. As usual, this will be a great event for the whole family.
If you would like to participate, please call the center, 264-4152. We look forward to seeing everyone on one of the most fun nights of the year. Come have a great time with us!
The staff at the center wants to extend thanks to the vendors who participated in our Fall Rummage Sale; you are greatly appreciated. Thanks go to Linda Lee, Dianne Sedivy, Sandy Howe, John Reindle, Julie Mesdag, Sheila Lane, Jackie Schick, Nancy Rea, Carmen Ferguson and Margaret Gallegos. We hope you will continue to support the community center and its programs.
Festival of Trees
The Festival of Trees is for any person, group or business that will provide and decorate a tree, then donate the proceeds to a local Archuleta County non-profit Organization of their choice.
This is a wonderful event that puts smiles on everyone’s face. The public is encouraged to view the trees until 5:30 p.m. Thursday Dec. 3, and Friday, Dec. 4, until 2 p.m. Be sure to join us Dec. 4, for the live and silent auctions, 6:30-8:30 p.m. Catered hors d’oeuvres will be served, and a cash bar will be available. Admission to the auction event is $10.
Remember, this might be the only auction in town where you can bid for more than one of your favorite organizations. It is truly a fun evening. Call the center for more information, 264-4152.
It is now easy to find us on Facebook — simply go to Facebook and on their site search for “Pagosa Springs Community Center.” This will take you to our wall, which lists all our current/past events and photos. We encourage you to become a “Fan” of our site to receive automatic updates.
• Scrapbook. Class has started for this season and will meet Oct. 10, and Nov. 14. The December date has not been chosen at this writing. If you are interested in joining the class, contact Melissa at 731-1574 or 903-4289.
• Cancer Support Group. If you are interested in the group, call Howard Gross at 264-5100.
• Hoopsters. Tuesdays and Thursdays, 8-9 a.m. Call Larry at 731-3984 or 264-1024 for more information.
• Morning yoga. Tuesdays, 10-11:30 a.m.
• Duplicate Bridge. Would you like to take bridge lessons? Lessons start at 4:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Regularly scheduled games are Tuesdays, 5:30-10 p.m., Fridays, 12:30-4 p.m. Call Stan at 731-2217 with any questions.
• Pagosa Bridge. Mondays and Fridays, 12:30-4 p.m. For more information, contact the center, 264-4152
Thursday, Sept. 24 — Hoopsters, 8-9 a.m.; C Team volleyball, 3:45-5:30 p.m.; Alateen, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 25 — Archuleta County, 9 a.m.-6 p.m.; bridge lessons, 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m.; Duplicate Bridge, 12:30-4 p.m.; Pagosa Bridge, 12:30-4 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 26 — Closed.
Sunday, Sept. 27 — Grace Evangelical Free Church, 8:45 a.m.-noon; Church of Christ, 10 a.m.-noon; nondenominational church service, 4-5 p.m.; Wyndham Activities, 5:30-8 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 28 — Pagosa Bridge, 12:30-4 p.m.; C Team volleyball, 3:45-5:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 29 — Hoopsters, 8-9 a.m.; yoga, 10-11:30 a.m.; C Team volleyball, 3:45-5:30 p.m.; bridge lessons, 4-5:30 p.m.; Duplicate Bridge, 5:30-10 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 30 — Archuleta County School, 2:30-3:30 p.m.; Weight Watchers, 3:30-5:30 p.m.; C Team volleyball, 3:45-5:30 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 1 — Hoopsters, 8-9 a.m.; Archuleta County School, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.; computer class, 10-11:30 a.m.; C Team volleyball, 3:45-5:30 p.m.; Alateen, 6:30-7:30 p.m.; SJOC, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Our hours are 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, Saturday-Sunday by appointment.
The center has the space you are looking for. We have reasonably-priced rooms to meet your event needs — for 20, 40, 50, 90 or 500 people. Call 264-4152 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.