Tomorrow night is the night. Springs Theatre Company’s “Geezer Night” comes to the Pirate basketball games Friday, Feb. 20.
Pagosa’s retired or nearly retired will be in attendance for both the girls’ and boys’ games, joining the pep band, singing the national anthem, and providing entertainment, all to help raise funds for the school district music programs. Everyone is invited to the games to support the teams, support school music, and perhaps win a door prize.
In addition to raising school spirit, this event is designed to help raise much-needed funds for the school athletic and music departments. All funds raised at the inaugural “Geezer Night” will be earmarked for the school’s music program. Just a few of the current needs of the High School Music Department are:
• Additional wireless microphones.
• Condenser microphones.
• Additional sound equipment.
• Additional instruments.
• Instrument repair.
• Auditorium improvements.
• Additions to the music library.
• Band Uniform storage supplies.
The community will be invited to help meet these needs, first, by attending the games, which will be against arch rival Bayfield. And through any or all of the following ways:
• Preceding the game, donations of $25 or more will “Sponsor-a-Geezer.”
• Donations of $50 or more will sponsor Dan Burch, the high School music teacher.
• Provide door prizes.
• Make a general donation on the SpringsTheatreCompany.org Web site.
At the game:
• Make a cash donation.
• Find something tasty at the bake sale.
• Tip the band.
After the game:
• Make a donation to Springs Theatre Company, earmarked for the Grants Program.
To make a donation, or for more information, see SpringsTheatreCompany.org or call Rick Artis at 731-8914.