With winter here, the Town of Pagosa Springs reminds residents and business owners of some guidelines for parking on public streets and roads.
1. Parallel parking along all streets is required to be in the direction of traffic only. Parking facing the wrong direction is prohibited and will result in a parking ticket.
2. Parking on any portion of a sidewalk for any reason is prohibited, and will result in a parking ticket.
3. Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) prohibits parking along U.S. 160 between the hours of 2 and 6 a.m.; this includes Pagosa Street through downtown. CDOT will tow vehicles left parked on U.S. 160 between 2-6 a.m.
4. CDOT prohibits vehicle maintenance (working on vehicles) along highways, even in front of your home, unless the vehicle broke down at that location and is being prepared for transport. This violation will result in a traffic ticket.
5. Any damage to any road or street surface due to oils/fluids from vehicles, is the vehicle owner’s responsibility for cleanup. The vehicle owner will be held liable for any repair to the road surface deemed necessary by CDOT or the Town of Pagosa Springs.
6. Parking restrictions along any designated or posted Snow Route are in effect during or when predicted storm weather conditions exist. Any parked, stalled, stopped or immobilized vehicle will be towed while restrictions are in effect.