The Community United Methodist Church annual bazaar generated 200 boxes of gifts to be delivered through UPS last week, in its initial two and a half days of operation.
In addition to Christmas wreaths ordered, the United Methodist Women have created painted ducks, Santa bags, napkins, candles, cookbooks, scarves and gloves. Prices run from $1 to $5. There is a casserole bake sale set for Dec. 4.
The bazaar responds with funding each year to grant applications submitted before the end of January and distributed in March.
Grants last season went to the following 18 non profit group as, including:
• Archuleta County Education Center.
• Ruritan Club Dialysis Transportation program costs.
• Archuleta Seniors, Inc.
• Archuleta Victims Assistance Program.
• Big Brothers Big Sisters.
• Boy Scout Troop 807.
• Habitat for Humanity.
• Chimney Rock Interpretive Association.
• Kids in Safety Seats.
• Loaves and Fishes.
• Pagosa Pregnancy Center.
• Pagosa Springs Choral Society.
• Ruby Sisson Library.
• San Juan Basin Health nurse.
• San Juan Historical Society.
• Seeds of Learning.
• Sonlight Christian Camp.
• Special Olympics Colorado.
The bazaar operation will not take place on Thanksgiving weekend, but will continue Dec. 1-10. Table arrangements are ready, costing $10 to $50.