The Harvest Dance with Tim Sullivan & Narrow Gauge was a great night. There were more than 90 dancers in attendance.
We would like to thank Tim and the guys for a great evening of fantastic music, and thank the crowd for spending the night with us at the community center.
Halloween fun, for everyone
You don’t have to be a kid to have fun. So, everyone is invited to the center’s annual Community Halloween Party — with fishing, a creepy maze, bowling, a cake walk, bounce house, piñatas and more. There are so many things going on, it feels like you are in a big Hallows-eves Maze. If you find yourself and the wee ones getting a little tired, you can take it easy while chowing down on a wiggly dog and drink. It is an electrifying night, and it is free for everyone.
Festival of Trees
Plans are underway for our third annual Festival of Trees.
Decorating will commence Dec. 1, with the tree auction and silent auction on Friday, Dec. 5.
Any entity or individual may sponsor a tree, but proceeds must be designated to go to an Archuleta County non-profit. We encourage all clubs, groups and individuals to sponsor a tree. Our goal this year is to have at least 25 trees entered.
Pick up an application at the community center right away, or call Janis Moomaw a, 264-3010, or Nancy Strait, 731-3427.
• The Upper San Juan EMT Association will be having a fund-raiser, “Medical Mayhem,” Saturday from 7 to 11 p.m. This is a 21-and-over event. The fund-raiser will include an auction with many wonderful local and Four Corner area donations. The festivities also include door prizes, a costume contest, live music by Brooks and Friends, dancing, food catered by the Alley House and Pagosa Candy Company, and a cash bar. Costumes are encouraged, but not required.
Tickets are $20 pre-event, available at: The Choke Cherry, Higher Grounds, Farrago’s Restaurant, Dorothy’s Restaurant and Summit Ski and Sport, and from our local EMTs. There will be limited number of tickets, so purchase early. We hope you will join in supporting our local EMTs with a night of food, dancing and fun. For additional information, or to reserve a table, call Molly at 903-4487.
• Line dancing classes are on Mondays, 10-11:30 a.m. There will be no couples dance until further notice. Peggy and Beverly will lead the class. Call the center if you have questions, 264-4152.
• Indoor soccer. We are going to play indoor soccer this winter. All ages welcome. We will play some scrimmage games, practice soccer and learn some techniques. Non-mark shoes will be required; skateboard shoes not recommended. Look for dates starting in November. It will be at the community center on available Saturday mornings, Call Matt for details, 903-8663.
• Scrapbook Club. The Scrapbook Club will not meet in October, but will meet Nov. 8 and Dec. 13, from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Melissa Bailey is the instructor. Call her at, 731-1574 if you would like to join the class.
• Hoopsters. Want to get some exercise in a nice warm place, with some pretty cool guys? Join them Tuesday and Thursday, 8-9 a.m. The group welcomes all newcomers. Call the center, 264-4152, or Larry at 731-3984 or 264-1024, for more information.
• Yoga. It’s getting cold out there, so come join the class in a nice warm room in the gym every Tuesday, 10-11:30 a.m and 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. You and a friend can join in at anytime. Bring a mat or thick towel — that’s all it takes.
• Weight Watchers. With a little laughter, cheer and encouragement, we can help you reach your goal. Be sure to take part in our Wednesday, 5-6 p.m. meetings.
• Duplicate Bridge. There’s no reason to sit at home. We meet every Tuesday, 5:30-10 p.m; Fridays 12:30-4 p.m. We welcome all players. Call the center for more information, 264-4152.
• Pagosa Bridge. Pagosa Bridge meets Monday and Friday, 12:30-4:30 p.m at the center. The season is changing and this is a great time to get in on the fun. For more information, contact the center.
Thursday, Oct. 23 — Hoopsters, 8-9 a.m.
Friday, Oct. 24 — Duplicate Bridge, 12:30-4:30 p.m; Pagosa Bridge, 12:30-4 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 25 — EMT Association “Medical Mayhem,” 7-11 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 26 — Grace Evangelical Free Church, 8:45 a.m-noon; Church of Christ, 10 a.m-noon, Wyndham Activities, 6-8 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 27 — Halloween setup, 8 a.m-5 p.m; line dancing, 10-11:30 a.m; Pagosa Bridge, 12:30-4 p.m; candidate forum, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 28 — Hoopsters, 8-9 a.m; Halloween setup, 8 a.m-5 p.m; yoga, 10-11:30 a.m and 11:30 a.m-12:30 p.m; Duplicate Bridge, 5:30-10 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 29 — Halloween setup, 8 a.m-5 p.m; Weight Watchers, 4:45-6:45 p.m.
Thursday, Oct. 30 — Hoopsters, 8-9 a.m; Education Center, 6-9 p.m.
Make the community center your next meeting place. The center’s hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday; 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. Tuesday-Friday; 10-4 p.m. Saturday.
We have a variety of reasonably priced rooms to meet your event needs — for 20, 40, 50, 90 or 500 people. Call 264-4152 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.